Grede designs, develops and manufactures cast, machined and assembled components for the transportation and industrial markets.
- Headquartered in Southfield, Michigan.
- Grede began operations in 1920 when Bill Grede purchased Liberty Foundry in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, near Milwaukee.
- Grede combined assets with Citation Corporation in February 2010 to create the most diversified foundry company in North America.
- The company has grown through a series of acquisitions and now operates a wide variety of equipment in 20 facilities in two countries with approximately 5,000 employees.
- Grede castings range from 1 to 2,000 pounds and include highly complex and safety critical designs.
- Grede is a full-service supplier with complete design, engineering, testing, and manufacturing capabilities.
- Grede uses various grades of gray and ductile iron as the raw materials in our casting processes and is capable of machining aluminum, iron and steel components.
- The company provides quality monitoring, testing and verification to ensure all our products meet industry and customer standards.
- Strategically located within convenient shipping range of our primary markets.